SAP Business One integration for SAP NetWeaver (short: B1iSN) is the Subsidiary Integration solution, offered by SAP, to rapidly integrate SAP Business One, running in subsidiaries, branches, franchisees, etc. into its head office’s SAP Business Suite components.
SAP Business One and B1iSN are part of SAP’s BNI strategy; and enable head offices to rapidly standardize and streamline their corporate business network.
Streamline and standardize processes all over your global business integration network. Easily plug in newly-set-up or already up-and-running entities into the corporate SAP Business Suite environment.
Run SAP Business One in the smaller entities and subsidiaries: SAP Business One a single integrated system to manage the entire business. Localized for more than 40 countries, but also providing a small footprint in terms of TCO and end user knowledge. Facilitating both options, a locally installed SAP Business One system or a centrally hosted SAP Business One installation, SAP Business One supports typical deployment offerings for small entities of a corporate company. A locally deployed installation for high system availability in case of critical network resources and a centrally hosted system as central system service for small entities, which suffer from a lack of local IT competencies.
SAP Business One is coming along with B1iSN, SAP’s subsidiary integration solution, to rapidly and seamlessly integrate SAP Business One entities into the corporate SAP Business Suite components. B1iSN comprises an integration platform as well as a rich subsidiary integration content package. These predefined out-of-the-box integration scenarios enable the head offices: to synchronize master data all over the corporate entities, to rapidly set up logistics transactions between the business partners. And finally to centrally report, control and streamline the subsidiary’s financial situation. SAP’s standard out-of-the-box integration scenarios can be set up as-is and /or extended to the customer’s needs. An embedded development tool provides you with the capability to easily enhance existing scenarios and to develop customer specific scenarios. The scenario developer is guided through the task in a model-driven approach under utilization of available B1iSN functionality. An even broader integration of legacy systems and legacy scenarios is supported by the availability of several additional adapters. The final set up for business integration scenario packages foster the requirements of business network integration (BNI); closely embedded subsidiaries – like sales extensions for the head office’s products – to completely independently working entities, where only the output or the financial situation is from interest for the corporate. B1iSN is set-up, running and administrated centrally with one single point of integration and access.
SAP’s BNI solution offering for smaller entities of Large Accounts supports head offices to accomplish low TCO standardization and unification all over their subsidiary integration network entities. B1iSN is available in SAP’s product portfolio, free of extra charge, and is included e.g. in SAP Business One licenses contracts, to accelerate the positioning of SAP Business One in subsidiaries and at eco-system partners of midsize and large accounts.
- SAP Business One
- Single integrated system to manage the entire business
- Internationally deployable solution – localized for more than 40 countries
- Ideal for sales, service and distribution offices with 10 to 100 employees
- Easy to learn and simple to handle for end-users
- Seamless integration with SAP Business Suite components via B1iSN
- SAP Business One integration for SAP NetWeaver
- Provides rich and proven out-of-the-box integration content
- Model driven framework approach covers the complexity of a reliable integration solution and reduces the effort for customer specific development to the business logic; integration implementation can also be done by partners with low to medium development skills
- Investment protection and one single point of contact for the customer as B1iSN is part of the SAP product family
- Fully aligned with SAP overall technology
- Mature and stable solution in the market since 2005; current release B1iSN 8.8 is in general availability since February 2011
- Provides out-of-the-box integration content for several business areas; like
- Master Data Distribution
Initially distribute the head offices products- and customer master data to SAP Business One entities of the corporate and subsequently synchronize changes ongoing. Common master data within your business integration partner network is the base for all further business transactions.
- Customizing Data Distribution
Initially distribute the customizing settings related to products- and customer master data from head offices SAP ERP to SAP Business One entities of the corporate. Subsequently synchronize changes ongoing. Common customizing setting within your business integration partner network is the base for all further standardized and eased master data distribution activities.
- Intercompany Purchasing
Enable your SAP Business One subsidiaries to purchase products from the head offices. The subsidiaries sell the head office’s products to their customers and can choose to sell them directly from their stock or get the products directly delivered from head office’s stock to the subsidiary’s customers.
- Management Reporting
Analyze the sales activities of your SAP Business One subsidiaries in the central head office’s SAP BI system. Compare subsidiary’s sales figures and report the trend of the location’s sales figures. Sales orders can be reported for order entries until this order is shipped and realized for revenue with an invoice.
- Financial Supply Chain Management
The out-of-the-box integration scenarios In-House Cash – Internal Payments and Liquidity Forecasting provide the head offices with the ability to streamline the cash flow over their corporate entities, also under the consideration of interest rates.
- Master Data Distribution
- B1iSN supports all relevant SAP applications (B1, R/3, BW, MDM, etc.) and technologies (RFC, ALE, XI, DI, SOAP, service calls, etc.).
- B1iSN is service oriented and follows the modern ByDesign paradigms of model-driven approaches.
- The solution follows the world integration standards (XML, XSLT, Xpath) and the new web 2.0 technologies
- B1iSN has low requirements to IT resources; it fits on a small stick, can run on a laptop with nearly any RDBMS and has low processing overhead
- Multiplatform support (OS, DB)
- Scalable due to parallel processing (by programming model)
- Browser based administration (remote administration)
By Patricia Koch
Thanks to the B1iBlog guest author Patricia, B1iSN Project Manager and member of the B1i family since the very first steps