How to find out which B1if version comes with which B1 patch?
B1 8.8 PL12 – B1if 1.0.6
B1 8.8.1. PL00 – B1if 1.0.6
B1 8.8.1. PL01 – B1if 1.3.0
B1 8.8.1. PL02 – B1if 1.3.5
B1 8.8.1 PL03 – B1if 1.4.0
B1 8.8.1 PL04 – B1if 1.5.0
B1 8.8.1 PL05 – B1if 1.6.0
B1 8.8.1 PL06 – B1if 1.6.2
B1 8.8.1 PL07 – B1if 1.7.0
B1 8.8.1 PL08 – B1if 1.8.0
B1 8.8.1 PL09 – B1if 1.9.0 (planned)
How to find out the changes implemented in newer B1if versions?
you can open a list, displaying all new features/changes/fixes (separated by ‘-’) of a particular version with B1if -> Maintenance -> System Info -> [Version Info]
SOAP call generation out of WSDL fails with error(no part linked to input message login)
The current version of B1if does support wsdl parts linked to elements only. Extension to support parts, linked to complexTypes will come with B1if 1.7.0.
Should I use B1iSN or B1if in my project?
B1if can be used for all use cases. B1iSN is addressing the use case Subsidiary Integration where SAP B1 is running in the subsidiaries and the ‘big’ SAP (SAP Suite, ERP, BW, …) is running in the headquarters. For connecting several B1s, SAP is working on a product based on B1if. The current internal name is B1BC which I guess will come to the market by EOY. So for Subsidiary Integration you have two options. You can use B1iSN and leverage the available content or you go for B1if and benefit from the more easy-to-use environment, but in this case you have to develop the scenarios by yourself. In one of the next releases, SAP is planning to provide B1iSN content also for B1if and in addition a migration guideline/tools to port individual B1iSN Scenario Packages to B1if. You need to balance by yourself what is the best for you. In future, the B1iSN use case will move to the B1if framework. With each patch B1if is providing functionality towards this goal.
Can I change the TCP/IP ports, used by B1i?
B1if TCP/IP ports are by default:
– 2099 for the DI Proxy, running on the B1 server
– 8080 for B1if http calls (e.g. admin, dashboards)
– 8443 for B1if https calls (e.g. B1 mobile)
B1if allows you to define your own ports:
– DI Proxy port: There is a configuration file in the file system to configure the DI Proxy. The file is located in the file system in …\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One Integration\DIProxy. The name of the configuration file is diproxyserver.properties. The name of the parameter is RMI_PORT. Please restart the proxy service after this change. If you change this port, you also have to apply this change to all SLD entries (parameter DIproxyPort) of type B1. Please use the [Test connection] to verify your changes. After doing this change I recommend to re-activate all running scenario packages.
– B1if http and https ports you can also change to your needs. You have to apply the change 1. to the B1i server, 2. to the Tomcat server and 3. to all scenario packages, using this port.
1. Use the B1if admin to open the screen Maintenance->Cfg Runtime, change the ports and click the [Save] button. After the change please restart the integration service.
2. Please open the configuration file of Apache Tomcat ..\B1iServer\tomcat\conf\server.xml. To change the http port, please search for the tag <Connector port=”8080″ …> and change it to your needs. To change the https port, please search for the tag <Connector port=”8443″ …> and change it to your needs. After the change please restart the integration service.
3. All scenario packages
– Re-activate all running scenario packages
– Dashboards: Automatically B1if will align the settings in B1 so that the dashboard calls will use the new port configuration automatically.
– B1 Mobile: you have to modify the url, defined on the iphone
– for your own scenario packages: In case the steps are triggered by incoming http/https calls, the consumer apps, calling into B1i server need to apply the change in the url.